My Contacts

This page is new, so please bare with me while I construct this page over the coming weeks

Wednesday 23 December 2020

My First DX Certificate

Many of you are aware, Groupo Alfa Tango ran a worldwide DX contest open to non-members during August to celebrate their 42nd anniversary, there was a possible 43 stations around the world to contact. I didn't manage to get my first AT/42Y QSO until 8 days after the contest opened, starting with Paulo 205AT/42Y in the Islands of Cape Verde.

Being such a slow start, I didn't really put too much effort in chasing down more,  thinking I was way too far behind to catch up with other operators. By the time the last 24 hours had come around, I had only contacted 8 stations, propagation hadn't been too great, but suddenly Europe opened up to 8 more 42Y stations with a few others I just couldn't get back to due to pile ups. I was quite pleased with my day and I submitted my QSO's to the AT groups website. 


A couple of months later, I had an email from the AT group with 16 gold eQSL's attached, I was quite pleased with my efforts, I then thought that was the end of it until, I was looking through another operators website, when I spotted a list of entrants to the contest, so I scrolled down to the only person to make 16 QSO's and there was a link... to my first ever DX certificate. Chuffed!



No comments:

Post a Comment