My Contacts

This page is new, so please bare with me while I construct this page over the coming weeks

Thursday 18 June 2020

Height Adjustment

Been trying to make small improvements to the antennas performance all the time, but I recently decided to raise the antenna by another 5 feet, this has made a good improvement, especially on groundwave contacts. The background QRM has dropped a little on FM and range has improved. I've been trying to QSO with a station (Gavin) in Haverhill Suffolk, about 55 miles North of me. We finally made a decent contact after both of us have made made small changes to our setups over the last few weeks. Still suffering with a bit of noise from local houses sadly, but hoping my QRM eliminator will arrive soon and will help cut it down or even out.

I'm now onto the the next part of my shack...


No comments:

Post a Comment