My Contacts

This page is new, so please bare with me while I construct this page over the coming weeks

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Bhi DSP

So the new CRT speaker has been working fine over the last couple of weeks, but for sometime, I have been looking at D.S.Ps (Digital Signal Processor), doing a little research online and watching a few YouTube videos. HAM radio operators have used them for a number of years, to filter out unwanted noise/sound from the incoming audio, before it gets to your speaker. They aren't the cheapest of equipment, especially for your average CBer, but if your a little serious about DX, especially SSB, then I recommend buying one secondhand like I did from eBay. Not only will the unit filter out unwanted sound from a incoming signal, to make them easier to understand and probably gaining you an extra few hundred, or maybe a 1000 miles on a good day. Also, your ears will thank me for it.
I brought the bhi NEIM1031 DSP, from eBay for £86, which I'm led to believe is the MK2 version and the current mk4 is around £180. After plugging in all the leads that come with it, I switched on the DSP, adjusted the settings as per instructions and bliss... Yes bliss. It took a day or two to get accustomed to the fine adjustments, but these units are easy to use and the clarity to the incoming audio is fantastic. I was so impressed with the unit, I decided to buy one of their extension speakers from bhi's website, which was another £26. Sound range and clarity is brilliant, I totally recommend this setup, sorry CRT speaker, your out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment